North Reading Recycles! - Why?
It’s not just about the planet -- it's about money. Our town’s money. North Reading pays for every pound of trash, but pays the same for recycling no matter how much the town recycles. The more you reduce, re-use, and recycle, the less North Reading is spending of your tax dollars to dispose of trash.
That’s right: recycling saves money.
So, if you have been recycling, see what else you can put in the recycling bin. If you haven’t been, now’s a great time to start. Lose Weight, North Reading!
North Reading Recycling News
- North Reading now accepts plastic containers numbered 1 through 7 as well as clean pizza boxes for recycling.
- Lose Weight, North Reading! – The campaign is targeting big savings for the town, by helping households reduce their trash through recycling.
- Recycling is weekly! – As part of the Lose Weight campaign, curbside recycling is now every week -- every Tuesday (or Wednesday if Monday or Tuesday is a holiday)! See the How to Recycle page to find out more.
- Re-using is even better – See the Re-Use Options page for suggestions on what to do with your old clothes, books, toys, furniture, building materials, and more.
Click here for more recycling news.
- For questions, comments, or suggestions about recycling in North Reading, you can call the Department of Public Works at 978-357-5260 or send e-mail.
- To report that your recycling has not been picked up, call JRM Hauling at 1-800-323-4285.
For more contact information, see the Links and Additional Resources page.