AS OF FEBRUARY 20, 2021 WE WILL NO LONGER BE WAVING THE FEES FOR CREDIT CARDS.
Residents can now pay bills online
**New feature bill scheduling is now available**
Please click this link online to pay bills online
- Bills are sent quarterly and payable within 30 days or the due date indicated on the bill. Late payments will be assessed interest and late charges in accordance with the Massachusetts General Law.
- Payments must be received in the Collectors office by the close of business on the due date if you are paying by mail or dropped in the Collectors outside box before close of business. Postmarks are not accepted as receipts dates. Payments must actually be received in the office to avoid additional charges.
- If you use your banks “On-Line” payments such as “ Home Link “ be aware that the Town is actually sent a CHECK.
- It may take up to two weeks for the Collectors office to receive the check from your bank.
- Checks should be made payable to “ Town of North Reading”
- Please enclose the remittance portion of the bill to ensure proper credit. If you would like a receipt, enclose a self addressed & stamped envelope with both the payment, the remittance portion and the taxpayer portion.
- If your taxes are being paid by a bank or mortgage company, please contact them to ensure that they have the correct tax information for your account.
- Remember, as the property owner you are responsible for the tax obligations.
- Please do not “post-date" personal checks. Checks are deposited daily. If a check is dishonored by a bank for any reason, a returned check fine of $30.00, plus applicable interest and charges will be added. It is illegal to submit “post-dated” checks for payment.
- Credit Card and On-Line payments are now accepted thru our website. Have your checkbook and bill ready, you will need them to enter your payment.
- Online payments can be accepted until midnight on the due date without incurring any additional charges. The Town of North Reading also accepts, Cash, Checks or Money Orders as forms of payment.