The Engineering Division of the Department of Public Works provides technical support to the Department on public works projects, construction contracts and water works projects. The division also provides general Engineering Services to numerous Town Departments, Boards and Commissions, including the Parks and Recreation Department, Community Planning Commission, Conservation Commission, Building Inspector, Zoning Board and School Department.
The specific functions of this division include
- Preparation of plans, specifications and bidding documents for various construction projects involving the Town infrastructure;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations relative to bidding contracts and the procurement of services;
- Overseeing and administering contracts and construction inspections relative to those contracts;
- Responding to citizen inquiries and complaints relative to Public Works projects and infrastructure;
- Providing technical support and engineering services to the other divisions of the Department as well as to other Town Departments, Boards and Commissions;
- Reviewing street opening requests by contractors and utilities and supervising the restoration of the Town’s infrastructure; and
- Reviewing plans for new subdivisions and ensuring the plans are in compliance with the Standards of the Town of North Reading.
Email Town Engineer at email@example.com
|John Klipfel, PE||Town Engineer||978-357-5227|