The Cemetery, Parks and Grounds Division of the Department of Public Works is responsible for the maintenance and care of approximately 31 acres of grounds at the three Town Cemeteries, and the maintenance of grounds at other Town Buildings and facilities. This division also provides supplemental labor to assist in the maintenance of Recreation land, including the Ipswich River Park. Divisional employees also assist in snow removal, emergency response and other Departmental functions as needed.
The specific functions of this division include:
- Laying out burial lots, preparing lots for burial, and coordinating and assisting in dignified burials
- Maintaining and improving the grounds at the Riverside, Park Street and Harmony Vale Cemeteries
- Constructing foundations and repairing and maintaining gravestones
- Conducting seasonal maintenance of grounds, including mowing grass and fields, fertilizing and aerating grounds, pruning trees, and completing spring and fall cleanup of grounds
- Maintaining cemetery records and selling burial lots.
|Patrick Bower||Director of Public Works||978-357-5227|