North Reading Parks & Recreation Department
- Accepted @ www.northreadingma.gov/parks-recreation
- In person at Town Hall, Parks & Recreation Office, 235 North Street, North Reading
- Over the Phone, 978-664-6016
- Registrations will not be processed without full payment.
- We accept MasterCard/Visa & Discover, Cash, Checks made payable to; Town of North Reading
- If a minimum age is specified for a program, a child must be of that age by the end of the program.
- If a school grade requirement is specified for a program, it refers to the grade they are currently in or if summer program, then for grade will be entering.
Refund, Credits and Transfers:
- Refunds and Credits are only issued based on the Registration Withdrawal Policies.
- Refunds are only issued by check back to the customer.
- Refunds take approximately 2 to 4 weeks.
- Transfers are considered withdrawals and are subject to Registration Withdrawal Policies.
- Credits to your account are issued based on withdrawal policies but are considered refunds.
- Vendor programs, summer programs and trips have their own withdrawal/refund and cancellation policies; see website or your receipt for details.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
REGRISTRATION WITHDRAWL POLICIES:
- Two Calendar Weeks Prior To Start of Program We will issue a check refund for the cost of the program less a $10/withdrawal fee. One Calendar Week Prior to Start of Program We will issue an account credit less a $10/withdrawal fee (credits do not expire but would not be refundable). Less Than One Calendar Week Prior to Start of Program or After Program has Started There will be No Refunds or Credits issued.
- Medical Withdrawals Should a participant need to withdraw from a program due to a major injury/illness after the withdrawal period has passed or program start, we will issue a Refund only if a Doctor’s note is submitted within 5 days of notification but No refunds or credits will be issued if notification is made after the program has ended. Note: 1) Medical Withdrawals are allowed for major injury or major illness which is defined as not be able to participate in the program. Common colds, ear, nose & throat infections and general distress will not be covered under a medical withdrawal. 2) Refunds will be pro-rated for any dates that the participant has attended.
PROGRAM, TRIP & SPECIAL EVENT CANCELLATIONS:
Nothing spoils a good program, trip or event faster than everyone waiting until the last minute to register.North Reading Parks & Recreation reserves the right to set minimums and maximums for all programs, trips and special events and may cancel due to insufficient registrations to run the program. We reserve the right to change the date, time or location of any program because of unforeseen circumstances. If a Program is cancelled by North Reading Parks & Recreation due to low enrollment;
- We will notify you by e-mail of the cancellation and a full credit will be placed on your account.
- Should you wish a refund check, please respond to the e-mail promptly.
WEATHER & OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE CANCELLATIONS/POSTPONEMENTS
We make every effort to run programs, trips and special events on the day they are scheduled. However, circumstances occur where the weather doesn’t cooperate or an Instructor may not be able to attend. We make efforts to find alternative locations or Instructors but if that isn’t achievable, we may have to cancel.
North Reading Public Schools Weather Closures:
- If North Reading Schools calls a weather closure for the day; Recreation programs & special events are cancelled for the day and evening.
- If North Reading Schools calls a weather early dismissal; Recreation programs & special events will not run after the dismissal time.
- If North Reading Schools call a weather late opening;
- Recreation programs before noon will be cancelled.
North Reading Parks & Recreation Cancellations/Postponements:
- If we have a cancellation due to weather or other circumstance; We send out an e-mail and post to our website. Please check your e-mails, as it may cancel OR change a location. We will every effort and attempt to make up cancelled program and special event dates by adding dates (some at the end of a session) but we cannot guarantee all program dates will be made up. In the instance that no make-up can be achieved a credit will be made to your account.
- If a trip is cancelled by us due to weather or other circumstance, a full refund will be issued.
- Weather Policy: Multi- day outdoor Summer Clinics rely on fair weather conditions. When conditions are not considered ideal whether it be heat/cold/rain, North Reading Recreation and the Vendor work together for a solution, however, sometimes not all hours or days can be made up. When that occurs, there are no refunds or credits.
Trips run and organized by North Reading Recreation:Due to the nature and commitment of bus contracts a refund will be granted only;
- Day Trips - Three weeks prior to the date of the trip.
Trips run through a Travel Agency:
- Since trips have different destinations with carriers of plane, ship, train and bus and also require hotels, food, entertainment tickets and the like, each trip carries its own refund policy. Please see the details of the refund on our website for that particular trip. You will also be asked to agree to the withdrawal and refund policy when electronically registering, over the phone or in person.
- All tickets are FINAL SALES and no refunds or credits are given.
North Reading Recreation contracts with some fantastic vendors who offer expert instruction, top of the line materials and many take home completed projects. Due to the requirement of the vendor to plan and schedule instructors and have the appropriate amounts of materials, they may have their own refund policy that is specific to their programs. We will list the refund policy on our website and at checkout.
SUMMERSCAPE, FIELD TRIPS & KID CONNECTION PROGRAMS
- Due to the affordable options available, once a registration has been paid, there will be; No Refunds, No Credits or Transfers.