The North Reading Board of Selectmen has five members who are elected to serve three year overlapping terms. As specified in the Town Charter and the Massachusetts General Laws, they are the chief elected officers of the Town. The Board may enact rules and regulations in a variety of areas, as well as establish town policies and procedures on many issues, unless such issues are delegated by law or vote of the Town Meeting to another officer or board. The Board appoints a Town Administrator who supervises and is responsible for the day to day operation of Town government departments.
Meetings are typically held on the first and third Mondays of each month, however, the Board's schedule is subject to change. Upcoming meetings are as follows:
Tuesday, January 3rd
Tuesday, January 17th
Monday, February 6th
Tuesday. February 27th
Monday, March 6th
Monday, March 20th
Monday, April 3rd
Tuesday, April 18th
Mail may be sent to the Board members at Town Hall, 235 North St., North Reading, MA 01864, faxed to (978) 664-6053 or via email by clicking on the member's name in the box below.
Other areas of authority granted to the Board of Selectmen are:
- Calling town elections and preparing the town meeting warrant.
- Reviewing and recommending the municipal annual budget to Town Meeting.
- Providing oversight through Town Counsel for litigation matters.
- Making appointments to a number of municipal boards and committees both permanent and ad hoc.
- Licensing of alcohol establishments, restaurants, car dealers, transient vendors and entertainment and amusement devices.
- Granting utility department requests for pole and conduit relocations.
- Sale of town owned land and acceptance of gifts of lands.
Questions regarding activities of the Board of Selectmen may be directed to the office of the Town Administrator at (978) 664-6010.
|Michael P. Gilleberto||Town Administrator||(978) 664-6010|