To see if the Town will vote to amend the FY2006 Operating Budget voted under Article 15 of the April 4, 2005 Annual Town Meeting as follows and to raise by taxation and appropriate, appropriate and transfer from unexpended funds remaining in Warrant Articles of previous years, or appropriate by transfer from available funds or borrow a sum of money for such purposes; or what it will do in relation thereto:
Line 5 – Reserve Fund
• $250,000 for unbudgeted increases in school and municipal fuel and utility costs.
• $50,000 for other unforeseen and unanticipated costs in FY06.
The Town is transferring additional money to the Reserve Fund in anticipation of unbudgeted cost increases in FY06.
Line 49 – Solid Waste Management Expenses
• Transfer $22,493 from the appropriation for Line 49 from rubbish fees receipts
to the general fund.
This action is housekeeping in nature and provides funds reduced from the Solid Waste Management budget at the April Town Meeting be dedicated to the Town’s General Fund in FY2006.
Line 73 - School Department
• $37,309 to be added to the School budget for the purposes of one new pre-school/kindergarten teacher.
This position is necessary due to enrollment increases in the elementary schools.
Line 94 – Regional Votech Budget
• Increase by $14,574.00
To fund the Town’s assessment for the Northeast Regional Technical Vocational School.
The Town appropriated $265,743 at the 2005 Annual Town Meeting to fund the Town’s assessment for the Vocational School. The actual assessment, $280,317, was voted by the Vocational School after Town Meeting concluded.
Line 95 – Debt Service
• Reduce exempt debt by $337,653.
• Increase bond issuance costs by $41,196 (transfer bond premiums)
• Increase amount for pay down on note by $21,004 (transfer from Septic Loan Reserve)
This action revises our FY06 Debt Service to accurately reflect General Fund Debt Service costs.
Line 97 – Water Department Expenses
• Increase by $105,000.
This will fund legal expenses associated with the Water Management Act.
Line 99 – Water Department Debt Service
• Increase amount for Water Department Debt Service by $93,301.00.
This action revises the Water Department debt service to accurately reflect current year obligations.
Line 105 – Hillview Debt Service
• Increase amount for Hillview Debt Service by $ 29,742.00.
This action revises the Hillview Debt Service to accurately reflect current year obligations.
Sponsor: Board of Selectmen
Finance Committee: Recommend Lines 5, 49, 94, 95, 97, 99 and 105.
Line 73 - Not recommend.